Saturday, January 16, 2010

Here.

I'm really here. I'm a resident student at a four year institution. I live on campus at the largest evangelical Christian university in the world and I walk to class.

Everything that led up to this moment has been a blur. It wasn't long after I accepted Christ that the Lord led me to look into Liberty. I may have taken a little detour to get here, but I'm here now. I'm here.

I already see a huge difference in myself. Crazy, I know - considering I've only been here since Wednesday afternoon. I went to bed early last night and I woke up at 7, enough time to get ready and to walk to Demoss to take my pre-test for a computer class. I failed it and have to take it again to be able to skip out on the class, but the victory is that I woke up early this morning, walked to Main Campus, and made it there on time. I even made my bed. I've stayed on task with my to-do lists and I've never done that. I've never even written a to-do list. Crazy things happen when you go to college, this much is true.



Okay.
So not very impressive, I get that - but you know, you just have to start small sometimes.

It's the little things make me smile. Like walking through the tunnel and seeing "God is awesome" graffitied on the walls. Like sitting down in the 'Rot and seeing prayer cards for Thailand on every table. The fact that marriage and commitment are such a big deal to everyone here, no matter how forward it may come across at times. Sitting at my desk with a cup of coffee within reach. Even seeing a parking decal on my car makes me smile.

It's not your typical university and it's definitely not for everyone. There are some house rules, but they're pretty practical - even though I've already had to skip out on a 10:30 showing of Avatar last night because I had to be back for curfew at 12:30. But for a girl who needed a new situation and needed to be immersed in a Christian enviroment for a while, it's ideal.

Perfect, actually.

Aside from actually being here, I think one of the coolest moments so far was driving here. I felt like I had just gotten married and my husband and I were running away together, not knowing what the future held, but knowing that everything would be even more than okay - just because we had each other. Commitment coupled with faith is the most thrilling and the most beautiful thing one can possible do and taking off with God into a new season of life is the best decision I've ever been led to make.


I haven't made any friends here yet, but I've never been the codependent type. I have my God and I have a guitar. I'm as content as can be. I'm here.


-C

No comments:

Post a Comment