Monday, May 17, 2010

Worship, Baby. Worship.

A couple things I find utterly amazing:

1. I live in a nook with no doors whatsoever and a wall which is really just one huge window and so far we are sans any peeping-Toms..

2. I'm eating a bowl full of cherries and spittin' out the pits. No really, I am. You won't find any metaphors on this blog...(when really, you will).

3. I installed the B&N "eReader" app on my iPhone for FREE so I can read "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith and of course the classics "Little Women" and "Pride and Prejudice" on my iPhone (another great reason to be anti-social).

4. I caught myself singing, "pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool wit ya pants on the ground" yesterday morning as I was picking up a huge pile of dirty jeans off of the floor and putting them into the washer. Such an event could have been merely ironic, an act of the subconscious, or a mixture of the two, but regardless - I found it absolutely hilarious because it was completely, 100%, unintentional (as was forgetting to put in the laundry detergent there afterward).

 5. There is a Siamese cat who is currently scoping out my cherry pits...


Life at my brother's apartment is decent for now. Him, his wife, and Sinatra (that dashing Siamese photographed above) will be moving out and into their new house in the next week or two and the apartment will officially be mine. The semester is over, the grades are in, and all-in-all I'm pleased with my first semester here at Liberty University. I was called here to learn worship, and boy-oh-boy is God teaching me worship. It seems like every opportunity I've seized to lead worship here in Lynchburg has closed abruptly in my face, but the fact that I'm seizing the opportunities to praise Him is worship in and of itself. I'm not saying that because it's the right thing to say; I'll be the first to tell you that this has been one of the most discouraging processes I've ever gone through - not being able to do what I love for the One I love - but somehow I'm still able to find joy in these closed doors. It's an evidence of His grace and I'm so grateful that I can even walk into a closed door and walk away bruised. Worship, baby. Worship.


I start my first summer class tomorrow: Music Theory 104 (again, I reiterate - Worship, baby. Worship...). I honestly couldn't be any more thrilled about it. I'm already slowly beginning to lose my mind, so jumping right back into school is a pleasure. Another season is starting, one in which I live off campus, drive to class, serve at Brentwood, work a part-time job (hopefully), work out (again, hopefully) and not have to worry about paying fines for an unmade bed and streaky bathroom mirror.


Byrd is moving down from Harrisonburg in July to start up seminary in the fall, and I cannot tell you how much of a blessing that will be for my phone bill. All of my close friends here at Liberty are either back in their hometowns or interning somewhere amazing for the summer, so it'll definitely be good to have her around. Actually, it'll be GREAT having her around. I mean, she is my best friend and all...and best friends are good to have around. 

I'm getting so excited for this next season at Liberty and completely honored that God would bring Byrd into the mix. Never a dull moment, that's for sure.


God is good. 
All the time.



"All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To Him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

1 Peter 5:5-11


-C

No comments:

Post a Comment