Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Imperishable

I've been having so much trouble sleeping lately and it's about driving me freaking insane.

And now that that's out of the bag, let's move on, shall we?

Liberty in the spring time. Man, oh, man.

Well, first off - it's beautiful. I used to think that there was no prettier campus than James Madison - and well, that's probably still true - but I think Liberty is definitely a close second.

Ring by Spring is definitely in full swing. A quad-mate of mine and a few of my friends have gotten engaged and then others have started dating and it's just oh-so-disgusting. Just kidding...

(but really).


A lot has been on my mind lately. Aside from the never ending pile of theory homework and figuring everything out from fall registration, to money, to living arrangements, to what church I'm going to start going to, to leading worship, to relationships - I'd say that the bigger part of it all is just focusing on who the Lord has called me to be, and reminding myself...constantly...that He loves me. All of me.

Just as I am.

 
 
It's spring, and that means the pressures to get skinny and tan are rising just as quickly as the temperatures are.

I never really get into the hype, but the lies try so hard to convince me that if I was tanner, skinnier, and a little less modest, that maybe I'd reap someone's love and faithfulness. Bogus.

Truth is that if you catch a man like that, you're going to have to keep him like that, and frankly - that's just too much work, let alone not worth it.

I'm convinced:

There is nothing more beautiful than knowing my Savior.

The tan will fade as soon as the sun gets farther and farther away from the earth, but a gentle and quiet spirit is imperishable and precious in the sight of God.

There is nothing more intriguing to me or more satisfying, than becoming who Christ has called me to be - to be precious in His sight. Who cares if it's in His sight alone?

His sight is the only sight that matters.

 ::

"Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 
1 Peter 3:4

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." 
  Proverbs 31:30

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2

1 comment:

  1. your words always comfort. always encourage. always speak what i need to hear in that particular moment.
    thanks for writing. please continue.

    ReplyDelete