Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eighty-Three

I’ve been anxious to start a new blog, but was waiting for a turning point in my life in order to do so, and well, that turning point will be arriving in exactly 83 days.

This is why:



I thought about not beginning this blog until after I arrived at Liberty, but my conscience somehow wouldn't allow it. Life doesn't wait to begin until I'm there, so why should my blog?
And besides - I'm anxious to capture how God will unfold everything in the meantime.

The truth is: the journey starts now, whether or not I want it to necessarily, and I wanted a way for you to be part of the story God is weaving me into - now and for the next couple of years.
So I hope you'll decide to meet me here from time to time - and please, feel free to make yourself at home.

I'll start by filling you in on what has taken place so far:

-I've applied ($40)
-Received my acceptance letter (and a free t-shirt)
-Paid the Confirmation Deposit ($250)
-Declared my major (Worship & Music Studies: Women's Ministry)
-Applied for student housing (Campus East)
-Registered for College for a Weekend (November 5-8th)
-Bought tickets for Winterfest (December 30-31st)


And currently, I'm waiting for my scholarships to go through.

John, the amazing admissions advisor I somehow formed a crush on in the twenty minutes we were on the phone (because I'm 12-years old apparently...), said they should be in by next week, which means I'm going to have to hold out on completing Financial Check-in until then. This throws me into momentary lapses of freak-out because registration begins tomorrow and I will be devastated if I don't get registered for WRSP 155 - the first of my six guitar classes.

Okay.


Maybe not devastated,


but basically... yeah.


In the meantime I'm going to go ahead and start the application process for another student loan just in case the scholarships don't cover my remaining balance - which, between you and me, is a heck of a lot.


There are just wayyyy too many digits.
The only time zeroes are any good during financial check-in, is when that's all there is: zeroes. But when there's a natural number and a comma infront, it's just as jaw-dropping as Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize or Miley Cyrus getting into VH1 top divas.

While part of me wants to shake myself out of getting myself into debt, the other half has faith that God will provide a way for me to pay these school loans back after I graduate. However, He could very well pay for them sooner than that.

There is a possibility, if you'll pray with me, that I may be able to receive a full-tuition scholarship if I make it onto one of the ministry teams here at LU. There are six different teams and I have no idea how many openings there are, but let's pray and believe that God could have a slot open just for me. Auditions are being held on the 6th of November during CFAW (college for a weekend) and regardless of what happens (Daniel 3:18), I'm stoked to even have the opportunity - and to simply see that God really does know what we want and sometimes need in order to fulfill His calling upon our lives.

January is approaching fast.
83 days and counting,

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment