Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eleven

I'm happy.
I know that happiness is merely circumstancial and temporary.
If I had a choice between happiness and joy, I would still choose the never ceasing joy and peace that comes from the Cross any day, but you know - it just feels so amazing to be happy.


I have a whole new year at my finger tips, and when I use the word "new" I don't use it lightly.
Along with the new year, I'll be living in a new town, meeting new people; my day-to-day life will be new, my outlook on life, my goals, will all be new. My relationship with the Lord will be stretched to new lengths, as will my relationships with my friends back here at home. Everything. New.

Funny how changing the year and your address can change your perspective so, and yet if I would allow my theology to meet my reality, I would embrace the truth that His mercies are new every morning. That I don't need to wait for a new year or a new residence to move forward with life - I can start now.

I think in some ways I already have.

All I know is that my sweet Jesus has a plan. Everything seems to be falling into the exact place it was always meant to fall into and it's all happening in His perfect timing. To be loved and looked after by Him, every moment of every day, makes me better.
I am a better woman because of this Man.


So,  no point to the post this evening - just rambling out in love and in excitement, which - now that I'm speaking of excitement: I find out my housing assignment sometime this week! I'll let you know when I do, although neither of us will really know much more than some names and a location. They have to keep the suspense up somehow, ya know?

I'm leaving for Atlanta, Georgia to attend Passion in about three hours which, is once again, evidence of the Lord's perfect provision, planning and time. What better way to begin an entirely new life than by sending me away to learn from the best teachers of the Word and to worship with the best worship leaders in the world?

I'm expecting huge things this week, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. In the meantime, I welcome your prayers this week as I get ready to dive into a sea of change; it'll be harder than I think.

With a happy heart,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment