Monday, January 18, 2010

The First Weekend

My first weekend in Lynchburg has been great and somehow I've actually managed to stay pretty busy. I've been blessed with the opportunity to hang out with some awesome freshmen and I'm already seeing the Lord work to create lifelong friendships. I had an incredible lunch at Firehouse Subs yesterday with these dudes and then I was able to hang out with my brother and sister-in-law at the movie theater last night to see Avatar  - which ended up being the best movie of all time.

This morning I met up with my freshmen friends at the Starbucks on Wards and headed to Brentwood Church for service. When we got there it was completely packed. They couldn't let anymore people in, so we jumped back into the Scion and headed back to campus to go to Campus Church, but oh! Low and behold, there was no Campus Church.

Well, then.

"You guys just want to have our own Bible Study at the Bookstore?"

Um, affirmative.

So the three of us went to the bookstore, got some Starbucks, sat down with the Word, flipped to II Corinthians 4, got to know God a little better, and of course, got to know each other better. It was awesome. That was the church. That's what it's all about. A group of people set apart and called out for a special purpose.

After church, we headed over to the 'Rot (LU's dining hall which used to be run by Marriot, hence the nickname "Rot") got some food and then parted ways. I went to Wal-Mart, then went back to the bookstore to get some school supplies, and then went back to Brentwood Church for their 4:30 service. It was amazing. I think I've found my church here in Lynchburg. I signed up for College Life this semester - a community group for students that meet 6 times over the course of 3 months, and I'm stoked about it. I can't wait to get involved and start serving there!





After my second church service of the day, I went over to Jay and Jenn's for dinner and Jenn made some mean tacos. I got back to the dorm around eight where I finally got to meet my roommate and she's awesome. I got lucky.
I start classes tomorrow, and I'm so excited to start loving God with my mind and to grow more in knowledge, wisdom, and depth of insight.

He amazes me more and more everyday with His unfailing love and faithfulness. Gosh.

 I really hope you know how much He loves you...

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment