Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't Be Afraid



"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You."
2 Chronicles 20:12

I'm way too tired to write, but this chapter of Scripture has given me such great courage and strength today. I don't have a clue about what to do about most things and with most situations and circumstances, but the only thing that matters is where I have my eyes fixed.

Tomorrow is my final audition for a ministry team and I covet your prayers. Pray that I would take my eyes off of the 'army' that stands before me (okay, okay - so for me - they might as well be an army) and to simply stand strong and sing praises to my King. That is what I'm after. Christ in me. The hope of glory.

'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith...and you will be successful."

After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying:

"Give thanks to the LORD,

for his love endures forever."
 
(v. 20-21)
 
 
For His glory alone,
-C

1 comment: