Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Possibilities

Another beautiful day in sweet little Lynchburg.

I had another audition today for a ministry team and as much as I was looking forward to it being over with, I wish I could go back and do it over again. I'm going to be honest - I've definitely had brighter moments. I, for some bizarre reason, forgot how to sing in my head voice when they asked me to and then my strumming in Hosanna was so off that I was laughing on the inside. Gotta chop it up to them good 'ole nerves! If you know me at all, you know this: I do not do well under pressure.

But you see, then there are these moments when He speaks to me, and I know that I am where I am for a reason. Whatever tomorrow brings, and whatever comes of this audition, I know that Christ is in me, his mercies are upon me, and He has had a plan for this life of mine since before time. I was told today that God has anointed me, and that itself is the victory and the only thing I desire - that Christ is heard and seen and that my talent will always takes a back seat to Him. So although 'technically' I did not sing or play my best, Christ was there - as He promised He would be - and my greatest desire in stepping into that room today was fulfilled. I couldn't be any more stoked about it.

I'm not sure when I'll hear anything back, but it would be my luck that they would call me while I'm in GERMANY!

I haven't even started packing yet and I feel like this huge pile of clothes on my bed just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Procrastination at it's finest.

We leave from David's Place tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. to drive to the airport in Roanoke, where we then will fly to Atlanta, Georgia and then on towards Frankfurt. I'll be honest; I never thought I'd make it back to Germany so soon. Heck, I never thought I would ever make it out of the country, and here I am going to Europe for the second time. These kinds of things just seem too good to be true, especially for a small-town girl who growing up, thought going Wal-Mart was the most exciting thing that could ever happen in life. It just makes me want to kick myself for putting God in a box so often. There is life out there. Abundant life. Full of amazing opportunites to share His light and love, and when you have God on your side, it's all possible.


So this is where I'll be for the next ten days. They're not guaranteeing that we'll have internet access (we'll be staying at camps and at our host families houses for the duration of the trip), but I desperately want to write down everything. I'm so excited to go back to this beautiful place, and even more excited now that I get to see it through Christ's eyes. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who helped me go on this trip. You have no idea how much of a blessing it will be for myself and for those we'll be ministering to!

 I can't wait.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment