Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fifty-Eight

Taylor and I got into it this morning and sadly this is how things panned out:





Tragic.


I realized a few days ago that I never got back to ya'll on how my audition went, and well, I think now is about the time to tell you!

It went awesome. Not because of me, but because God is awesome and you guys are awesome for praying for me. I felt your prayers, truly I did. I know that God was present in that room and that it quickly became more than just an audition. It was an opportunity to let Christ take the reigns on a situation I had no control in and to show HIS stuff. Praise was given to Him, and I'd say that is already a victory :)

I got an e-mail last night saying that I made callbacks, so now the next step is putting together a musical resume, my written testimony, two references, a snapshot, and youtube video of me performing two songs by Febuary 15th.

Final postings won't be put up until March, so please continue to pray about this with me.

I know He's going to do whatever is best for His kingdom - so please don't be disappointed if I don't make it any further than this! haha. He has a plan! He already knows the outcome, but I wanted to thank you for your support and your prayers in the meantime. I hope the time you get to spend with Him in prayer about this will only bring you closer to Him, I know it has for me. What a sweet blessing prayer is!

Either way, whether I make it or not, we're going to give Him praise because He knows what He's doing and we know it's going to be better than we can even imagine!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9


Thank you for praying. :)

Love always,
-C

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea,

    Congratulations on making call-backs! I was down at Liberty (Campus East 11) for the November CFAW as well and made call-backs for drums and bass.

    I saw a couple of your videos on YouTube and just wanted to say that you have a wonderful voice! Keep using your gifts for the Lord, and I know He'll take you far!

    I'll be praying for you during this audition process! If you would, please keep me in prayer as well. :)

    Blessings,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth!

    I absolutely will keep you in prayer as well! DRUMS and BASS?! You're already the coolest girl I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, naw...a girl who leads hundreds of people into worship with her church -- now that's cool! :)

    Hey, just out of curiosity, did you audition for both acoustic guitar and vocals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, sort of?

    I auditioned for vocals initially and then they asked if I played any instruments. I told them acoustic guitar and then they sent me back to go play with the band. I don't know if that counts as an audition for the guitar or not. I didn't do too well anyhow, so I don't think it matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's always better to have a singer that has some knowledge of an instrument than to have a singer who is not familiar with any instrument at all, right? So I'm sure they view any acoustic guitar abilities as an added plus. Maybe you could give it a shot in your video audition for vocals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I probably will more than likely!

    Hey add me as a friend on facebook if you can! It'd be sweet to know at least one person at Liberty! When are you heading there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. God willing, I'll be at Liberty by fall of 2010. I see you're heading there in spring of 2010, though! It must be exciting being so close to the start date! Are you entering as a freshman or transfer student?

    And, yes, I'll definitely add you as a friend on facebook! ...when I get one. haha. With Liberty folks egging me on and college quickly approaching, I'm sure it won't be long until I cave in... :-P

    ReplyDelete