Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Forty-Eight

Forty-eight?!

It's 1:23pm here in New Market and I'm exhausted. Unemployment is hard work. (Ha!)

It's hard abstaining from useless things when you have so much time on your hands. I had this wonderful master plan of how many books I was going to read and how many hats and scarves I was going to knit but so far I got nothin'. Let's not mention that I've been "cleaning" my bedroom for the past two weeks now and it's still not clean. In fact, the only thing I've done well so far is play guitar, eat Chipotle, and go on spontaneous road trips.

Note to men seeking a good wife: don't pursue a girl with a guitar and whom Meyer's-Briggs has deemed an ESFP. Nothing will ever get accomplished.

Aside from being totally lame, I've been striving so hard to get back to where I was with the Lord this time last year. I'm beginning to feel like my old self, yet I'm continually discouraged when I realize my heart is still not matching up with Chelsea at 19 years-old. Let's face it: that girl really loved the Lord.

Laying there in bed last night hating myself for the changes that have taken place and being afraid that I would never be in the same place with the Lord again, God was very frank with me.


"Quit trying to go backwards to be her when I'm trying to push you forwards to being someone new," He says.


Well, isn't that a brillant concept.



"Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:19)



Micah asked me the other day what I was most excited for in heading to Liberty. It was no question; the first thing that rolled off of my tongue was, "growing in the Lord."

He's making a way.



48 days,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment