Friday, November 13, 2009

Fifty-Nine

I’m shocked that there are only 59 days left before I'm at Liberty.





Considering that I started this blog when there were 83, if things keep going at this rate I’m going to be at Liberty in what seems like tomorrow. Time is a funny thing, isn’t it?

I’m just starting out, but before I know it I’m going to be graduating from Liberty University.


I’m twenty-one. The next decade of my life holds some really big things and I have exactly 59 days to prepare myself for the onset of all of that. Obviously not all of it is going to happen in tandem, but I know that the day I step onto that campus, my life is going to go warp speed ahead: college, graduation, marriage, family, ministry, more college, a career, who knows.

I welcome it all; in whatever shape, way, or form the Lord would bring it before me. It’s just crazy to think of what the next season of life holds. I want to be ready for it. I want to fulfill my purpose within this generation that God is raising up, because I’d think you’d agree that we truly are a generation unlike any other; there’s just something different about us. I notice it every Sunday morning and Wednesday evening at Aletheia Church when hundreds of college students come rolling through the doors. I notice it at Liberty University when there aren't any open seats in the Vines Center for Convocation. I notice it when I see my friends, all roughly 21 years of age, leading Bible studies and teaching and worshiping Jesus and sharing their faith and planting churches when they could be out doing countless other things.

I anticipate looking up into the clouds and seeing Christ in my lifetime - I really do. Yet, even if He doesn’t come for us while there's still breath in my lungs, I would still never regret living my life believing all the while that He will. It keeps me on my toes. It keeps me pushing forward. It keeps my heart alive and my perspective in place; knowing that what our generation does is going to set the stage for Christ’s return -
knowing that what I do is going to set the stage for Christ's return.

Well, hey there goosebumps.


"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"
-1 Peter 2:9

2 comments:

  1. This generation will indeed set the stage for the return of Christ. But I am sure there will be surprises.

    Today the movie 2012 comes out, and there seems to be a popular fascination with prophetic end-time disasters, but I have noticed that TV shows and the popular media leave something important out.

    As I point out in my blog, the Bible does show that there will be end-time disasters that will come at the close of this age, in our lifetimes (but not as soon as 2012), but they leave out the fact that these disasters are coming as punishment for the sins of man and are designed by a loving God to bring mankind to repentance for our long-term good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete