Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fifty-Three

Final Hours 

Desperate and weary
I come
so heavenly, gruesomely burdened
if possible
take this cup from Me
but Your will, not Mine. (Luke 22:42)

My heart is troubled, now what shall I say?
"Father, save me from this hour?"

No, it was for this very reason I came.
So Father, do what you will to glorify Your name!

Then a voice came from heaven,
"I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."  (John 12:27-28)
"They may curse, but you will bless;
when they attack, shame will rain
but your servants will rejoice. (Pslam 109:28)
for You will rise again,"

An angel from heaven appeared
and gave Me strength
And being in anguish, I prayed
all the more earnestly,

sweat dropped to the ground in blood (Luke 22:43-44)
that's when I knew that My final hour had finally come

They repay me with hatred (Psalm 109:1-5)
yet they know not what they’ve done
Father, grant them forgiveness (Luke 23:43)
at the cost of My own blood!

I’m calling for help; but My throat has gone dry.
I’m looking for You up on this tree,
but My eyes, they fail Me (Psalm 69:3)
Father, why have You forsaken Me? (Psalm 22:1, Matthew 27:46)

Darkness comes to light
darkness comes to light
darkness has come to light
church arise, I'm alive!



You have heard and you have seen
and yet you still do not believe (Mark 16:14)
You owe Me nothing
repay Me with nothing
just believe, just believe


Desperate and weary
I Am
so heavenly, gruesomely burdened


No comments:

Post a Comment