Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fifty-Four

I'm rushed as I write this, but I wanted to quickly tell you that I made it back to Lynchburg yesterday with Byrd.



Why, thank you for the applause.
It wasn't necessary, really.
:)



It was a good trip, although not quite as exciting as I think we were expeciting it to be, it was definitely worth it.

At convocation, Johnnie Moore spoke about perseverance, about not quitting or giving up "the race."

So convienent as I have been writing this song for the past couple of weeks now and still haven't come up with any lyrics other than the chorus. I was definitely encouraged - to not only finish writing this song, but to refocus my perspective on life and to finish the race, and finish it well.

I have spiritual nearsightedness more often than not, but I have been challenged to look past the horizon and look towards the One I'm living for, to the One who lives through me. If there were no finish line to the race we're running, no one would ever run it, but there is a finish line...and it's glorious.

That's what I learned in college yesterday.


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

"Well done, good and faithful servant" - Matthew 25:21


Keep running,
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment